Project: Risk assessment of deoxynivalenol contamination on the food and feed chains in the risk areas
Contract no. PN 12 48 01 05.
Total budget: 250.000 lei (Budget of IBA: 250.000 lei).
Contractant Authority: National Authority for Scientific Research and Innovation (ANCSI) – Program Nucleu.
Contractor: National R&D Institute for Food Bioresources—IBA Bucharest.
Partners (unofficial partners in the consortium):
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development [General Directorate for Anti-Fraud Control and Inspections— Directorate for Inspection, Inspection and Control (DGCAI‒DMIVC) with 41 County Directorates].
- National Administration of Meteorology—METEO Romania, Bucharest (third party).
- Center for Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology (CBAB Biotehnol), Bucharest (third party).
- Assessment of in-field and post-harvest contamination of wheat with deoxynivalenol mycotoxin in the context of the geographic and agroclimatic conditions of Romania.
- Identify several factors that influence contamination with fungi Fusarium sp. and mycotoxin deoxynivalenol (DON) on the agro-food chain in Romania.
- Database of the agro-food products (cereal, mill products, cereal based foods) contaminated with DON between 01.2012‒08.2015.
- Influence of agroclimatic factors on DON incidence and levels in agro-food products in the period 01.2012‒07.2015.
- Database of the contamination with DON on the agro-food chain (cereal, mill products, cereal foods and feed) in the risk areas in 2014‒2015 year.
- Risk assessment of cereals, food and feed contamination with DON in the crop of 2014‒2015 year.
Project responsible: CS III, Dr. Valeria Gagiu ( firstname.lastname@example.org)