Human Nutrition Laboratory is conducting research activity in the following fields:
· Concept development and scientific and technological solutions for obtaining food products (bakery, confectionery, food concentrates, fruit / vegetables) for diet therapy and prevention of metabolic diseases (diabetes, obesity);
· Concept development, scientific and technological solutions, in order to obtain food products (bakery, confectionery, food concentrates, fruit / vegetables) with high nutritional value and antioxidant activity, for prevention and diet therapy of diseases caused by oxidative stress.
· Studies regarding valorization of raw materials with therapeutically properties in obtaining nutraceutical products.
· Studies regarding the possibilities of reducing apple products patulin contamination.
· Studies regarding accumulation potential of nitrates in vegetables.
· Developing new methods for analysis of biological active compounds in raw materials and food products (hydrosoluble vitamins, lyposoluble vitamins, carotenoids, antocians).
Food matrices/working methods
Human Nutrition Laboratory